The Texas Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractor License Law on Certified Technicians has changed. Effective September 1, 2018
• The application for certified technician must be submitted by mail, with supporting documents, not online.
• Applicants must meet specific education or work experience requirements.
• Applicants must pass a TDLR examination to become a certified technician.
• The application fee for a certified technician is now $50 and the renewal fee is $35.
• Technicians who became certified under the previous law may continue to renew.
There are no changes to the requirements or fees for registered technicians.
More information about the TDLR Air Conditioning and Refrigeration program