Compatible With Most Venstar Connected Wi-Fi Thermostats
CHATSWORTH, Calif. — Venstar®, a leading thermostat and energy management systems supplier, has announced its new ultra-low-power Wi-Fi® Temperature Sensor Pro (ACC-TSENWIFIPRO). Compatible with Venstar’s ColorTouch®, Explorer® and Explorer Mini Wi-Fi connected thermostats, the new Wi-Fi sensor enables users to remotely measure indoor and outdoor air temperatures.
“Venstar’s new Ultra-Low-Power Pro sensor is a dual-powered device that improves the ease of monitoring and setting alarms based on the Supply Air temperatures. The sensor can be conveniently connected to 24vac at the equipment, so there is no need to run wires back to the thermostat. The included stainless duct temperature probe continually monitors the supply air. It’s that easy,” said Steve Dushane, president and CEO of Venstar.
Using four AA batteries, the Pro sensor’s battery life is expected to last longer than two years, assuming solid Wi-Fi connection.
Venstar Wi-Fi Temperature Sensor Pro Model (ACC-TSENWIFIPro) Features:
- Remote temperature sensor
- Outdoor temperature sensor
- Indoor room temperature averaging
- Supply Air temperature sensor
- Return Air temperature sensor
- Walk-in refrigeration temperature monitoring
- Easy setup using the Venstar Configurator App
- Selectable internal or external temperature sensor
- Stainless external duct sensor
- Automatic temperature averaging when multiple sensors are used
- Up to 20 sensors per subnet
- Operating temperatures of zero to 120 degrees Fahrenheit with alkaline batteries or -20 to -130 degrees Fahrenheit with lithium batteries
- Dual power supply, powered by four AA batteries (included)
- 2 inches high x 3.1 inches wide x 1.4 inches deep
- Expected battery life of more than two years (assuming strong constant Wi-Fi signal strength and connection)
- Compatibility with most residential and commercial Venstar thermostats