Most Affordable Wi-Fi Thermostat Available
CHATSWORTH, Calif — Venstar®, a leading thermostat and energy management systems (EMS) manufacturer, launched its new Explorer® Mini Fan Coil digital thermostats, the most affordable programmable Wi-Fi® thermostats on the market. Available in residential and commercial models, Explorer Mini thermostats pack big features into a small footprint of just 3.2 inches wide by 3.2 inches high and less than an inch deep. Explorer Mini thermostats are now available throughout North America from Venstar’s exclusive network of Wholesale HVAC Distributors.
“Explorer Mini thermostats help save energy and improve indoor comfort while taking up less wall space. The most affordable programmable Wi-Fi thermostat available, Explorer Mini is also one of the smallest,” said Steve Dushane, president and CEO of Venstar Inc. “With the Skyport Mobile App, users can remotely control their Explorer Mini thermostats from virtually anywhere.”
Both the Explorer Mini Fan Coil residential (T2100) and commercial models (T2150) feature:
- Built-in Wi-Fi, enabling remote access to monitor and control;
- Small, compact size that is simple to install;
- Large, easy-to-read display with bi-color LED Heat/Cool indicator;
- Seven-day programmability and switchable to non-programmable;
- Remote control with Skyport® Cloud Services, including Global changes and Geofencing;
- Compatibility with Venstar’s free Skyport Mobile App;
- Compatibility with Venstar’s Wireless Temperature Sensor (Model ACC-TSENWIFI) to remotely measure air temperatures such as indoor, outdoor, return air or supply air;
- Setpoint limiting and/or total keypad lockout;
- Two- or four-pipe configurable;
- Three speed fan control;
- Dry contact for condensate overflow or occupancy sensors;
- Title 24 compliance and Open ADR 2.0b certified;
- Compatibility with Amazon® Alexa and Google Assistant;
- Compatibility with virtually every type of heating and cooling system; and
- Keypad lock to avoid tampering, ensuring control of energy usage.
The commercial model also includes: Override capability and Pre-occupancy fan purge.
Optional accessories include a locking cover (ACC-0630), three sizes of wall plates and Venstar’s Wireless Temperature Sensor (ACC-TSENWIFI).
Mobile App Delivers Remote Access and Control
With Venstar’s free Skyport Mobile App, users can access and control Explorer Mini thermostats with their Apple® iOS and Android™ mobile devices. From the mobile app, users can:
- Remotely view thermostat information, such as name and location of the thermostat, current weather and forecast and equipment status (heating, cooling, off);
- Control thermostat settings, such as change heat and cool setpoints and thermostat modes;
- View equipment status: heating, cooling and off, including lockouts;
- Automate “Home” or “Away” with geofencing or set “Home” or “Away” at the touch of a button;
- Enable or disable the Time Period Schedule;
- View thermostat alerts, such as supply air temperature*, time for service and air filter replacement;
- View current system temperatures with high and low values for the day including indoor and outdoor temperatures as well as supply air temperatures; and
- View heating and cooling runtimes for the day, current week and previous week.
Advanced Programming Features
On the Skyport Cloud website, users have access to more advanced programming options, including global changes to temperature, mode, time period schedules, Holidays and vacations as well as geofencing.
For additional integrations, Venstar’s Application Programming Interface (API) enables developers and installers to integrate the thermostats with other third-party systems, including most home automation systems.