CHATSWORTH, Calif. — Venstar®, a leading thermostat and energy management systems (EMS) manufacturer, today launched its new Explorer® Mini residential and commercial programmable Wi-Fi® thermostats. Just 3.2 inches wide by 3.2 inches high and less than an inch deep, Explorer Mini thermostats help save energy and improve indoor comfort while taking up less wall space. Venstar’s Explorer Mini is the most affordable Wi-Fi thermostat on the market. It is now available throughout North America from Venstar’s exclusive network of Wholesale HVAC Distributors.
“Venstar’s Explorer Mini packs big features into a small footprint, so you gain all the benefits of a full-sized thermostat without any sacrifices. A game changer, Explorer Mini is the most affordable Wi-Fi thermostat on the market, and with the free Skyport Mobile App, it gives both residential and commercial dealers and customers a win-win,” said Steve Dushane, president and CEO of Venstar Inc.
Venstar’s Explorer Mini features include:
- Built-in Wi-Fi, enabling remote access to monitor and control;
- Seven-day programmability and multi-stage control;
- Small, compact size and simple to install
- Large, easy-to-read display with bi-color LED Heat/Cool indicator;
- Compatible with Amazon® Alexa;
- Remote control with Skyport™ Cloud Services, including Global changes;
- Compatibility with Venstar’s free Skyport Mobile App;
- Compatibility with Venstar’s Wireless Temperature Sensor (Model ACC-TSENWIFI) to remotely measure air temperatures such as indoor, outdoor, return air or supply air;
- Dry contact equipped;
- Local API for third-party monitor and control
- Title 24 compliance and Open ADR 2.0b certified;
- Keypad lock to avoid tampering, ensuring control of energy usage; and
- An optional locking cover (ACC-0630) for commercial installations.
With Venstar’s free Skyport Mobile App, users can access and control Explorer Mini thermostats with their Apple® iOS and Android™ mobile devices. From the mobile app, users can:
- Remotely view thermostat information such as current weather and forecast and equipment status (heating, cooling, off);
- Control thermostat settings, such as change heat and cool setpoints, thermostat modes, and set “Home” or “Away” at the touch of a button;
- Enable or disable the Time Period Schedule;
- View thermostat alerts such as supply air temperature*, air filter replacement and time for service;
- View current system temperatures with high and low values for the day; and
- View heating and cooling runtimes for the day, current week and last week.
On the Skyport Cloud website, users have access to more advanced programming options, including global changes to temperature, mode, time period schedules, Holidays and vacations.
Explorer Mini thermostats are available for residential (Model T2000) and commercial (Model T2050) use and are compatible with virtually every type of heating and cooling system.
For additional integrations, Venstar’s Application Programming Interface (API) enables developers and installers to integrate the thermostats with other third-party systems, including most home automation systems.