Two-stage 19 SEER, 10.0 HSPF YZT heat pump saves up to 47 percent on energy costs
MILWAUKEE – Johnson Controls has released the newest addition to their premium line of residential systems, the YORK® Affinity™ Series YZT two-stage Heat Pump. The ENERGY STAR® rated heat pump delivers advanced efficiencies and smart home capabilities.
The 19 SEER, 10.0 HSPF efficiency can save homeowner’s up to 47 percent on energy use. Even greater efficiency can be achieved when installed with the Alexa® compatible, Wi-Fi®-enabled Affinity™ Hx3™ Touch-screen smart Thermostat. When connected, the combination offers top-of-the-line features for both homeowners and contractors.
Homeowners can now control and monitor their home comfort system by voice command using an Amazon Alexa® device or, remotely using the Hx® app. Contractors can expect easy setup and support thanks to near field communication, a set of short-range wireless technologies and a dedicated distributor app.
“With the addition of the YZT heat pump, we offer a truly comprehensive package of energy-efficient solutions to help contractors meet the needs of homeowners at any budget,” said Liz Haggerty, vice president and general manager, Ducted Systems, Johnson Controls.
Several additional innovations enhance the system’s performance:
• QuietDrive™ incorporates a sound-reducing swept-wing fan blade, composite base pan and sound containment cloak to reduce typical outdoor operating sound levels.
• ClimaTrak™—allows further fine-tuning of the blower for specific applications, whether to compensate for arid environments or maximize the use of additional air quality accessories including system-matched humidifiers, germ-killing UVC lights and high-efficiency MERV 16-rated filtration, for reduced dust and contaminants.
• A two-stage compressor for quiet and efficient operation.
• A compact footprint without sacrificing performance.
• An automotive-grade powder coat finish rated at 1,000 hours of salt spray to ensure the unit can withstand harsh weather conditions.
• Auto configuration and auto system updates via Wi-Fi® when installed as a communicating system.
• YZT can be sold as a complete Affinity™ residential system or as a premium upgrade to an existing system.
Designed, engineered and assembled in the United States, system components are backed by the manufacturing expertise of Fortune 100 parent company Johnson Controls and an unmatched limited one-year labor warranty, lifetime compressor and 10-year parts limited warranties on registered products. Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT) facilities aid in the systematic testing of components, including more than 20 years of accelerated operation testing for weather, humidity and temperatures as high as 125° F and as low as -10° F to ensure lasting performance and world-class quality.
In addition, units meet AHRI Standard 210/240 and 340/360 at AHRI conditions and meet relevant ASHRAE 90.1, ENERGY STAR® and EPAct2005 standards.
To learn more about YORK®, visit www.YORK.com. Also follow on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook @yorkhomecomfort and @YORKHVAC on Twitter.