Skyport Delivers Unprecedented HVAC Control, Reducing Energy Usage and Costs While Helping to Maintain Indoor Comfort
CHATSWORTH, Calif. — Venstar® today announced that its Skyport® Cloud Services provides HVAC control to Berkeley Hall School, a prestigious 100+ year-old pre-K through grade 8 independent school in Los Angeles. Skyport controls the school’s HVAC units and related systems, including the school’s hydronic circulating pump system. The school also uses Venstar’s ColorTouch® and Explorer® Mini Wi-Fi® thermostats. Venstar’s Skyport delivers unprecedented HVAC control, reducing energy usage and costs while helping to maintain indoor comfort.
“With Venstar’s Skyport, I can manage the HVAC, lighting and more from my desk or iPad without the need to dispatch anyone,” said Chet Galland, director of Facilities for Berkeley Hall School. Galland is responsible for the management and maintenance of campus facilities encompassing 80,000 square feet of buildings across 66 acres.
“Venstar’s Skyport is an affordable alternative to large, expensive energy management systems for smaller organizations, including our school,” he added.
CHALLENGE: Remotely Manage HVAC Systems and More
Galland wanted to find thermostats that could be remotely managed using a system that would give him remote control of the school’s HVAC units. His goal was to manage and reduce energy usage and costs from his desktop computer or iPad®. He also wanted to be able to remotely control and set timers for the schools’ circulating pumps to ensure indoor comfort while managing energy usage during off-schedule events.
SOLUTION: Venstar Skyport Cloud Services
Galland chose Venstar’s ColorTouch and Explorer Mini thermostats, which are managed by Venstar’s free Skyport Cloud Services and mobile app.
- Remote control of HVAC via Skyport website or mobile device
- Ability to set timers to turn on/off the hydronic circulating pump system
- Utilization of Skyport as a remote timer switch for exterior lighting
- Global changes feature across the entire system
- Setpoint limiting to reduce tampering with thermostats
RESULTS: Greater Control of HVAC Units and Related Systems
Venstar’s Skyport Cloud Services provides control of HVAC units and related systems, including the school’s hydronic circulating pump system to help ensure indoor comfort.
- Flexibility to control HVAC at individual buildings or areas
- Remote control of the school’s thermostats
- Capability to nest schedules within the overall schedule
- Ability to program fans based on occupied/unoccupied status
- Global changes to save time versus manual changes
- Global messaging to classrooms for announcements and reminders
- Timer control of the hydronic circulating pump system
- Ability to control and set on/off schedule for exterior lighting
Future uses include scheduling timers for exhaust fans, outdoor lighting and even security for perimeter door lockdown.
About Venstar Inc.
Venstar Inc. is a leading thermostat and energy management system (EMS) manufacturer, known for providing value to its customers via ease of use and installation, proven cost savings, improved energy efficiency, quality and reliability. Founded in 1992, Venstar is one of the largest thermostat suppliers in the world and designs and produces Venstar-branded products, as well as OEM thermostat products for the biggest names in HVAC. Venstar’s Surveyor is a leading energy management system, typically saving small-box retailers 20–35 percent of their energy costs, which translates to tens of millions of dollars in savings each year and dramatic reductions in CO2 emissions. Surveyor currently controls the energy usage of 30,000+ retail locations across the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico.
For more information, visit Venstar: www.venstar.com